Here are some of the lessons I've learned in 2009:
-If I am in a period of waiting, wait actively, not passively.
-The negative side effects of high standards and ambition are disappointment and dissatisfaction.
-It is better to make short term sacrifices for long term benefits than the other way around.
-Use pain as motivation to do what is right, not as an excuse to hurt others.
-There are some problems I cannot solve with my mind.
-If you focus on your pain in order to rid yourself of it, you will fail. Instead, focus on relieving the pain of others and your pain will not be as severe.
-You can't always win the game from where you currently are, but you can always work to put yourself in a position from which you can win the game when the opportunity comes.
-The support of family and friends can be incredible and should not be taken lightly.
-Of all the things I seek, wisdom, good judgement, and foresight should be among the most important.
-My relationships with myself and with God are more important that anything else. I must make whatever sacrifices are necessary to maintain these.
1 comment:
I like this :)
Post a Comment